Cogelec designs and manufactures the producst in France, within its premises. We conceive, test and produce the access control equipment of today but as well as of the future.
Therefore a broad diversity of expertise are crucial/necessary to ensure the business success! Sales strategy, Technical Support, After Sale’s, supply chain, administrative management, marketing….Nonetheless all of these diverse profession families maintain a vast transversality within Cogelec.
The team has a unique know-how: it assembles all the products that Cogelec's reputation is built on! Also, in the workshop, we vie to be the most rigorous, we remain uncompromising on quality and everyone participates in improving manufacturing processes. All this in a healthy and pleasant atmosphere: the operators work at the various workstations in a calm and temperate workshop. And like all their colleagues, the Production centre works during the day, from Monday to Friday.
The Production division applies the best methods and techniques to produce a quality product. They like to know that "their" production is up to customers’ expectations: reliable, innovative and robust!
Cogelec's "goldsmiths" are meticulous and very skilled! They are also able to adapt to different missions and thus benefit from 360° expertise on the production line.
What aspects of your job are you drawn to ?
- Production is a rewarding service because we are responsible for products which we assemble from start to finish. Contrary to what you may think, there is nothing tedious about the job as we alternate on products, we change posts, we are sometimes seated and sometimes standing. In short, it depends on what stage the product is in. And it is not "assembly-line work". We take the time to carefully execute each stage.
In your opinion, what is different about working at Cogelec?
- We benefit from a very pleasant working environment. There is a lot of team spirit, there are lovely areas for taking a break and the working rhythm, which is classic working hours, mean we have a good balance between our professional and personal life !
What are you responsible for on a daily basis?
- Within the Production service, I am in charge of testing, programming and engraving on badges and remote controls. In other words, we personalise each of these elements for the end client and we carry out a range of checks and tests to verify that everything is working correctly. I will sometimes assemble the products. We adapt to the priorities !
What motivates you?
- Here we never get bored and we work in a good environment. The teams are very supportive. We are trusted: it's nice to be autonomous in your job.
The Design and Innovation Centre is full of ideas and our creative people are already inventing Cogelec's future. A kind of Gyro Gearloose lab? Yes, but driven with a great pragmatism to be always more useful in our customers' daily lives!
The team designs products and services that meet the needs expressed to them, are legally compliant and industrially feasible. A challenge of imagination and technicality that our employees in the cluster are more than equal to!
Far from the stereotype of the solitary inventor, our team is attentive to both customer and colleague usage. They can thus direct their curiosity and creativity towards the needs that emerge from the field. Fluency in English is recommended.
Accounting Management Finance Recovery Human Resources
Cogelec's support business team knows how to combine the rigour necessary for the various missions entrusted to it with a great team spirit! And to meet the challenges of this fast-moving company, a good dose of responsiveness and autonomy is a real asset.
The Management-Administration Centre works to analyse, anticipate and optimise Cogelec's management. At the heart of our hive, it is a question of being as attentive to our colleagues as to our customers. In this way, employees facilitate the implementation of all ideas that emerge in the company.
Of course, the Management-Administrative team is rigorous and neutral. And it’s also open-minded! English language skills are strongly recommended.
Sales administration Office sales representative Field sales representative Marketing After-sales service Technical support
Cogelec likes to "pamper” its customers"(yes, we invented this concept!). From making first contact to sales, technical support or after-sales service, the team is literally waiting on them hand and foot.
The Customer Relations department responds in a reactive and relevant way to all our customers' needs. Proximity, listening and taking the initiative are essential! The team takes up the challenge of making a customer always feel understood and satisfied with our services, in all situations! (Yes, all situations, even those that do not lend themselves to it!)
Evolving in all territories, in France and abroad, the team is dynamic and flexible. It knows how to analyse the daily problems of users and provide them with THE right answer. Fluency in English is highly recommended, if not mandatory, for technical support, sales and international trade.
What tasks does an Inside Sales Representative perform?
- At Cogelec, Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for a number of tasks. Working in pairs with an Outside Sales Representative, we help them build relationships with the end clients (for example, local authority landlords, property management companies), and monitor sales. The job involves product specification and booking appointments, as well as the ongoing monitoring of client relationships to make sure that they remain strong. There is also a technical/commercial side to the job - when we work with installers and distributors, we draw up quotes for them and provide expertise on the installations they carry out – they trust us as we know the products inside-out!
How long have you worked at Cogelec?
- It's been 10 years, but time has passed quickly. In the same way we listen to our clients, we feel that the business listens to us and our concerns. The roles here are flexible, and every member of staff is listened to and can put forward ideas. Yes, you need to work hard and meet targets, but we do help and motivate each other.
What does a typical working week look like for an Outside Sales Representative at Cogelec?
- Four out of five days are for business trips, and the last day is typically for administration. Meetings with clients are non-stop all week and we also meet with both distributors and installers too. When liaising with our clients, we have in-depth discussions regarding their modes of operation and the overall context of the purchase. Plus, we learn more about their needs since Cogelec’s overriding aim is to make products tailored to our clients’ needs.
How do you promote the company’s innovation?
- It's great to represent a company like Cogelec! We are always one step ahead, with products that are both innovative and which perfectly meet the needs of our clients. The company’s dynamism is motivating, as is the way everyone here is listened to and taken into consideration. I’m really proud to work for Cogelec.
You work in Dusseldorf for the German branch of Cogelec: what is your role?
- Along with the brand manager, a German market coordinator from head office and our export manager, I support commercial activities in the area and help to manage the flow of information from our headquarters in France. Within my role, I also coach the inside sales staff in business expertise and help to develop their skills. My objective? To ensure that our team members are prepared and ready to lead the German market!
What is the German team’s mindset?
- We are highly motivated and united, and we work in a constructive and trusting environment. Everyone is proactive, and we encourage healthy competition within the team so we can all succeed together. By drawing on everyone’s individual strengths, we work well together to reach a common goal.
Tell us about your role.
- I welcome every visitor who comes to our headquarters: suppliers, partners and other guests. I also manage the switchboard, which has four people working on it full-time, so my team are the first faces and voices guests encounter! Of course, you need to smile, but we make a real effort to ensure that everyone feels welcome at our company. We make the same effort with our colleagues too - I manage their business trips and contribute to organising the annual meetings, which I really enjoy.
What puts a smile on your face at work?
- We work in a fantastic environment where everyone is friendly and helps each other. Everyone has a lot to do, but they do it with a smile. Despite the size of the business, we have kept a friendly, ‘human’ atmosphere which is encouraged by our executive board. Plus, the board themselves get involved in a lot of projects and listen to our suggestions, which encourages us to keep excelling!
A highly structured division with a super state of mind! To manage the supply chain, from the supplier to our end customers, all services deploy method and ingenuity. And at the pace of Cogelec's innovations, you never get bored in the Supply Chain!
The challenge of the Supply Chain Centre is to organise flows and ensure the manufacture of quality products, in high quantities and on time, while optimising internal costs. Thanks to the rigorous spirit of the team, Cogelec is able to provide products of a consistently high quality to all its customers (and there are more and more of them!).
Strategic supply chain management, logistics operations and purchasing management require an unfailing sense of organisation and precision! For some functions such as purchasing/procurement, fluency in English is highly recommended.
Product Application developers
Internal tool developers
IT support technicians
Our team of "geeks" masters all the languages of new technologies! They bring the most advanced technology to all our users by devising safe and efficient solutions. And then they are able to "translate" into everyday French for everyone!
The Information Technology centre organises and makes data and process security more reliable. It creates reliable and ergonomic customer applications for our users. Security, convenience, fluidity: IT has never seemed so simple thanks to their talent!
Our employees anchor IT technology in the daily lives of our customers. This mission involves great curiosity and a strong capacity for adaptation! Fluency in English is recommended.
What do you work on at Cogelec?
- A variety of projects, thanks to the company’s dynamism! In my role, I contribute to the web development of new products and help to both maintain and improve applications. Essentially, I work in data processing but it’s much more than that – especially as there is a lot of cross-over with other departments such as research, marketing, technical support, and programming.
So, you need to know how to communicate as well?
- Of course. In our team of around ten developers, we help and learn from each other, so we discuss our work a lot. We also aim to implement the company philosophy of communication as much as possible by sharing information with our colleagues across departments – even for the more technical subjects!